Joined as Head of Digital, with promotion to Digital Marketing Director in Mar 2018... Accountable for delivering on UK and international sales and revenue targets while managing P&L down to EBITDA. Owned a £multi-million marketing budget and reported to the Board of Directors on ROI. At the forefront of wider business planning and strategy setting. Led a 22-strong team and network of 4 agencies. The role had a strong e-commerce bias, with reach across web development, paid media UX, content, social media and SEO.
• Pivotal role in the purchase of a large online e-commerce business by NRS and its full integration with internal systems.
• Significantly increased total channel sales, with particularly notably growth seen in Amazon UK sales.
• Realised a substantial additional sum in revenue having launched Amazon Europe (Germany, Italy, France) stores to replicate the UK sales success.
• Saved money by eliminating the need for agency support with recruitment of in-house staff to cover both SEO and CRO; results far outweighed agency outcomes agencies with +£2m additional revenue gained from CRO.
• Developed and launched an e-commerce website in partnership with the largest UK charity, Age UK, producing a conversion rate of 8%.
• Strengthened the competitive edge of the business by devising a bespoke competitor tool to analyse and report on market pricing (including Amazon UK/EU); the tool also enhanced stock forecasting capabilities.
• Improved conversion, AOV and revenue by increasing site speed and performance of the Magento site with relocation of website hosting from in-house to Amazon Web Services.
• Developed an internal system enabling integration of Magento and SAP to produce real-time orders and synchronisation, capable of handling multiple different Magento, eBay and Amazon stores.