The question is do we really need all of these social media accounts?
In simple, the answer is yes… but I’m sure you are all shaking your head in disbelief so I shall give a short explanation on how this can help promote us as individuals and your company as a whole.
What Is LinkedIn and how is it useful?
Some of you may be wondering what exactly is LinkedIn, I suppose the easiest way to explain this would be a comparison to Facebook.
- LinkedIn is primarily geared towards professional networking, for both individuals and companies.
- The good thing about LinkedIn compared to Facebook is you can keep your personal life personal. People don’t care to know what you had for breakfast this morning!
- You can use LinkedIn as a professional directory to connect with new professionals, reach out to prospects, hire great talent and showcase yourself and your expertise.
- Don’t worry about privacy issues. One of the biggest complaints that people have with Facebook is its confusing privacy settings. Privacy settings on LinkedIn, however, aren’t typically an issue — if your profile is only geared toward other professionals, you’re likely not posting anything you wouldn’t want to share in the first place.
- Write and receive recommendations and endorsements. Rather than the random and even spammy comments that typically litter Facebook pages.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news. A unique feature of LinkedIn is LinkedIn Today, which gathers the most shared news on the site all in one place.
Why don’t you join today? http://www.linkedin.com/