So its very nice of Google after everyone has spent time and effort to get their pretty little faces in the authorship within the SERP's, only for Google to completely remove it. They started off by removing any duplicate author pictures if you were lucky enough to be listed twice in the SERP's then it would only show the first image and any subsequent images would be removed leaving just the By Lines.
This has now been completely removed including the by lines!
Official statement from John Mueller
"Unfortunately, we've also observed that this information isn’t as useful to our users as we’d hoped, and can even distract from those results. With this in mind, we've made the difficult decision to stop showing authorship in search results."
Full G+ post: https://plus.google.com/+JohnMueller/posts/HZf3KDP1Dm8
Notes taken from Google's announcement:
- No longer use authorship as a ranking factor
- Does not harm to leave code in place
- Google will not utilise the authorship code
- Google will just see the links as a normal set of links and apply that to the ranking factor
- Continued support of Schema.org